Our mission is to empower each of our clients to make the most of their personal financial resources, in accordance with their unique, personal goals and objectives, through the application of our truly holistic retirement planning process.
Retirement is not an event. It’s a Journey.
Whether you’re retired, ready to retire, or still a few years out, every new client must embark on our proprietary, 5-Step, REAL DEAL on RETIREMENT process. The result, your customized REAL DEAL BLUEPRINT that will serve as your guide throughout your retirement journey.
Your RD BLUEPRINT will be updated annually to reflect any changes in the overall economy and/or your unique life circumstances.
This process addresses both your preferred future, or what we call Happily Ever After (HEA), as well as the various “What-Ifs” that need to be accounted for with any truly holistic plan.
Most advisors utilize the same general approach to investment planning for clients of any age. That is, the plan is based solely on one’s age and time horizon. Therefore, when it comes to retirees, income potential is derived from the underlying investment plan.
We take the opposite approach, because we believe the rules change dramatically during retirement. Income stability, risk mitigation, and tax management are the most critical considerations during this stage of life. Therefore, the investment plan should derive primarily from the income plan, not the other way around. Understanding and adapting to this truth is crucial to your success.
- Portfolio Analysis
- Portfolio Design & Construction
- Portfolio Oversight & Management
- Investment Risk Mitigation
- Investment Tax Mitigation
- 401(k) Oversight & Management
- 401(k) Rollovers
- Traditional & Roth IRAs
- Trust Accounts
- Account Consolidation
- Stock Options and Restricted Shares Planning
- 1031 and 1035 Exchanges
Lifetime income planning is at the very core of all we do. Our main objective is to create stable, increasing, tax-efficient, lifetime income.
- Social Security
–Social Security Optimization
–Social Security Tax Planning
- Deferred Compensation
- Phantom Stock
- Stock Options
- Real Estate
Tax Planning for:
- Capital Gains
- Alternative Minimum Tax
- Estate & Gift
- Generation Skipping
- Medicare (IRMAA)
- Roth Conversions
- Back Door Roth
- Deferred Compensation
- Tax Deferral
Aside from taxes, healthcare may be one of the largest expenses you’ll encounter during retirement. It is also one of the biggest unknowns. Planning for such uncertainties is essential to providing peace of mind in retirement.
–Parts A, B, and C
–Vision and Dental
- Home Healthcare
- Assisted Living
- Skilled Nursing Care
SURVIVOR, ESTATE, and LEGACY PLANNING
Estate planning encompasses much more than one’s ultimate death. An effective estate plan encompasses your entire lifetime as well as the possibility of disability, incapacitation, and premature death of one or both spouses.
Our services include:
- Legal document review
- Beneficiary review
- Survivor Planning
- Estate Planning
- Legacy Planning
- Inheritance Planning
- Charitable/Philanthropic Planning
- Special Needs Planning
RETIREMENT LIFE COACHING
In addition to being our Managing Partner, Diane VanWeelden is a certified Life Coach. Diane can support you as you prepare for retirement in a number of ways.
- Setting goals: assist in determining your retirement goals and creating a strategy to reach those goals.
- Lifestyle planning: help you find interests and activities to pursue, create social networks, and maintain an active and healthy lifestyle.
- Emotional preparation: help you manage your expectations, deal with changes in your identity, and find meaning and fulfillment in retirement.
- Planning for the change: make plans for your retirement to find a new job or volunteer position, make plans for a new place to live, work through the adjustment with spouses and partners.
- Accountability: help you stay on track with your goals by giving ongoing support and direction when needed.
“The holistic financial plan is an integrated approach to coordinating all key areas of your financial life.”